Tuesday, November 29, 2016

WHSLA Spotlight - Eileen Severson at Gundersen Lutheran in LaCrosse, WI

Hello all, I am Eileen Severson.  I have been a librarian for 16 years.  I spent 8 months as a children’s librarian at the La Crosse Public Library and have spent the rest of my career at Gundersen Health System’s Library & Patient Education Services.  I began as the electronic resources librarian, morphed into the lead librarian and now I am a supervisor.  My main responsibilities are collection development, copyright, quality improvement, and project management.  I also cover “the desks”, provide literature searching, and teach on occasion.  Library & Patient Education Services consists of one health sciences library, three patient education libraries, and a patient education support team.  More importantly, we have a fantastic group of library staff that consistently work hard and provide great services. 

I grew up in the Milwaukee area, graduating from Greenfield High School in 1990.  I grew up in a big family.  I have three brothers and two sisters who all still live in Wisconsin.  I graduated from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse with a BS in Microbiology in 1995.  I worked for a while, went back to school and graduated with my MLIS in 2000 from UW-Milwaukee.  I’ve been married since 2000 to a talented artist, George.  We have two children, Muriel (14 years old) and Gabriel (9 years old) and a naughty cat, Pookie (4 years old).  I enjoy being creative with my family, sewing, biking, walking, reading, gardening, and I’ve been known to desk surf.

P.S.  If you are feeling adventurous, contact Rita Mitchell at Aurora, she probably knows a lot more about me…


No comments:

Post a Comment